Pastel de tres leches

TD1!

It's the first Tropical Depression of the year ... so cute, just southwest of the Azores. And it's not even officially hurricane season yet! Sure, there's a 0% chance that it will develop into anything exciting, but this is a sure sign of tropical tempests to come:



hurricane dress
I enjoy a good hoolican, as long as everything is lashed down and I'm safe on land with a flashlight, the bathtub filled with water, and a full gas canister for the BBQ. Prolonged power outages are fun if you're prepared, so get your Emergency Kit ready; you don't want to be caught without the essentials once the hurricane party breaks out!

Additional items that will give your kit the edge:
  • guitars, djembes, and musicians
  • Bombay Sapphire and Schweppes Tonic (see The Perfect G&T)
  • a peck of fresh limes
Drink according to the wind, and toss on that special hurricane outfit! I got mine in Old San Juan. Daniel's aunt said it was so tight it would take a hurricane to blow it off me. Nic Hirdle told me I looked like a smurf - but hey, I'm not a fashion blogger. 

Hurricane Earl Party  -  September 2010