Pastel de tres leches

I'm a Sponger

Not THAT kind of sponger! The other kind. As in definition 2. from the Urban Dictionary.

sponger

Bodyboarder. A far superior being to that of the surfer. They are able to launch later, ride deeper and catch higher airs then anyone with a board longer than 48". 
Dude, that sponger rips like a real bad ass. You see how deep she was in that tube? Unreal!

Ok, I have never ripped in a tube - I was too scared! After living through a few washing-machine experiences caught in the break at Playa Zicatela, I stuck to the gentle surf. I bought my boogie board when I lived in Oaxaca, Mexico. A couple of friends and I went up the coast to Puerto Escondido for the weekend to hang out and buy me a used sponge; they negotiated the purchase from a guy on the beach, and I left town with this gem:

Boogie boarding on the Pacific Coast of Mexico was awesome. There were great spots close to where I lived, San Augustinillo and Mazunte, where we used to spend the weekends at the beach surfing, boogie boarding, body surfing, swimming, drinking cold beer and eating Ceviche - no wetsuit required.

In a couple of weeks I'm going up the coast to Point Michaud, our backyard surf spot. I'm signing up for the Adult Surf Club and WILL sponge and (if I can get vertical possibly) surf this summer! The water will be cold, and I only have a shortie wetsuit. Who cares? The sun will be shining somewhere up above the fog. I just have one question:

Are you with me?

As a sports reporter once said, "It ain't nothing but a chicken wing. Don't make no matter anyhow. There's only one way to go, and that's for it."

Think about it. Leaving you with some inspirational sponger/surfer videos: if this doesn't make you buy the new Beach Boys cd then maybe God didn't really make radios after all.